Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mars in Action!



Last year, during August and early September 2008, I was doing my travelling astrologer stint in Knysna and Cape Town (while technically living in Pretoria). I don't remember the exact date, but I seem to recall that it was a Saturday at the end of August that, on my way out of the town centre, in Strand street, I encountered a women lying in the road who had been knocked down by a car. I stopped and parked my car in front of her to shield her from oncoming traffic. She was ok, but in acute pain since, as far as I could tell, her legs were broken, since the car that knocked her down had somehow ridden over them. I was one of two or three people that stayed with her, called for an ambulance, and tried to keep her calm and reassured until help arrived. It was certainly an intense experience! There was quite a strong wind that day (as there often is in Cape Town I guess) with a little drizzle, and just the wind blowing on this poor women's legs caused her pain.

Amazingly, at the very instant that she was properly inside the ambulance the rain started coming down hard. It was as if the rain fairies compassionately held the rain back from that spot... I was quite moved and a little shaken by the whole experience. I literally had to come home and wash that women's blood off my hands.

I remember noting at the time that Transiting Mars had just crossed over my Natal Pluto (and had Squared my Natal Saturn), which seemed appropriate symbolism.

Well, about 7 months later I once again find myself in Cape Town, and it just so happens that Mars has moved almost exactly 180 degrees from where it was the last time I was here. This time I have had punctured tyres and getting lost in Cape Town trying to get to exciting lectures to contend with. Last night, the evening of the 29th of April 2009, on my way back to my friends' place after getting lost and discovering my punctured wheel, less than 100 metres from the location of last years road accident, a truly bizarre coincidence occured.

It was raining again, and as I stopped at the traffic light just before the location of last year's accident, I hear the sound of skidding tyres. A car apparently braked too sharply to avoid a motorcycle that stopped at the traffic light and ended up lightly clipping it and driving into the kurb and onto the pavement. Nobody was hurt, but there was certainly some vehicle damage.

Not a pleasant event, perhaps, but in a peculiar way a wonderfully synchronous one!

No comments: