Sunday, July 20, 2008

When Jupiter overdoes it


I will soon have Transiting Jupiter Square my Natal Sun. I'm cautiously optimistic about the prospects. I think I can see it at work already, because, with no money to boast of in the bank I am non-the-less obsessed with buying a car! And, if at all possible, I want a nice one!

About a year-and-a-half ago, actually it was the 3rd of January 2007 (with Transiting Sun very close to where Jupiter is now- Square my Natal Sun and in the 4th House from my Natal Sun), I bought a brand new car, a Nissan 1400 “bakkie”. I could hardly believe that I managed to get financed by the bank (and neither could my friends!). It was something of a personal breakthrough since I had assumed that, as something of a hippie, buying a new car was way out of my league. I had less joy with the car itself (perhaps my debilitated Jupiter in the 4th in the Jyotish chart?), but thankfully that's behind me now- I sold it in March this year.

I then contemplated my situation and decided that in light of sharply rising fuel costs, and the modest amount of commuting I do lately, a little motor-cycle would suffice. Well, in the end it was easier to borrow R15 000 than R5 000, and so I got a relatively good Yamaha 125cc bike financed by the bank. I still have it, and I'm quite happy with it, but it isn't quite enough. There are times when my work requires traveling further than my little black panther was designed for, and not having a car for this purpose does arguably restrict the scope of my professional activity.

So, this “I need a car” realization is burning like a fever inside me lately, and with Transiting Jupiter Square my Sun during the coming two weeks or so there's a very real danger of over-extending myself. However, I dare say that Transiting Jupiter Square Sun can be a perfectly natural time to take on a little more, and lift one's standard of living; the trick is knowing your limits. I test drove three cars today... I like the most expensive one!

I note, also, that very few days from now Transiting Sun will be in exact Opposition to my Natal Jupiter. I recall some years ago, under this same transit, applying for a cell phone contract in a very smug and self-assured mood, and being quite surprised and crestfallen when it was declined. Will this recur this year?

It has recently occurred to me from time to time, in between my impassioned vehicle visualizations, that all this craving for material improvement could be distracting me from what's really important (you know, spiritual stuff, etc.) and that perhaps if I could get back to my center, I may see that this “I want that car” preoccupation is not my truest truth....








No comments: